From the Pima County Sheriff’s Department
We are anticipating a warm weekend with temperatures near 80 degrees. The Sheriff’s Department would like hikers to remember to take safety precautions while enjoying the scenic trails.
Here are a few tips to make your hiking experience safe and enjoyable:
- Know your limits.
- Take plenty of water, approximately one liter per hour, per person.
- Check the weather before going hiking as the temperature can rise quickly.
- Keep a safe distance from desert wildlife.
- Take a first aid kit; epipens, band aids, antibiotic ointments, etc.
- Have a charged cell phone.
- Don’t hike alone.
- Let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
Pima County’s scenic mountain trails are a great way to spend the day. Before you start, plan ahead, be safe and enjoy the great outdoors.