Communities cannot exist without a sense of caring and a commitment to serving others. Greater Vail area parents are well known for their involvement and partnership with the local schools. This spirit extends to civic service as well.
This month, I use this column to acknowledge your neighbors, friends, and colleagues who have risen to the occasion, and who have consistently given their time and talent to our community. Their contributions are immeasurable and all of us owe each one a great debt of thanks and our appreciation.
Welcome new commissioners, J.J. Lamb, who recently joined the Pima County Historical Commission, and Ken Moyes, who agreed in January to serve on the Elections Integrity Commission.
Board and committee members and commissioners who have served a combined total of more than 20 years include:
* Brian Abbott, Trial Courts Appointments Nominating Committee
* Ed Buster, Bond Advisory Committee and the Library Advisory Board
* Lucretia Free, Small Business Commission
* Matt Gage, Board of Adjustment
* Michelle Rouch, Public Art & Community Design Committee
* Maureen Tozzi, Board of Adjustment
Please join me in thanking these community members for their commitment to making the Greater Vail area a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
Should you be interested in serving, please contact my office to discuss openings on Pima County Boards, Committees, and Commissions.
Again, thank you.