Are resolutions resolute?  According to one study, just 8% of people achieve their New Year’s resolutions. The other 92% of us?  Not so much.  And yes, I’m usually in the latter.  I’ve discovered I can survive 47 days without chocolate, but not pleasantly.  And eliminating the morning coffee does not yield anything constructive.  However, for the past few years, the pressure of selecting something fail-proof prompts me to keep it simple and intentional.  Perhaps you’ll go easy on yourself this year and do the same.  A simple suggestion – kindness.  Not only does it support your well-being, but a Google search on the effects of kindness reveals that it actually makes us happier, our hearts healthier, and slows the aging process.  And it’s contagious (a lot better than the cold I caught a few weeks ago)!

So keep your resolution simple, and keep your resolve this year; lend a hand at your neighborhood food bank, ReSources Vail Food Bank, volunteer a few hours at Vail Depot Thrift Store, join your neighbors at the Third Annual Vail Championship Cup.  After all, nothing is kinder than Neighbors helping Neighbors.

“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


About author View all posts

Guest Author