Here at The Bra Spa, we are trained to fit bras and it is our passion – bra fitting is not DIY. If you can’t come see us right now, see our tips below.
- If you don’t fill out your bra cups, you need a smaller cup size. If you’re overflowing in your cups, or the top of your bra cups are cutting into your breast tissue, try a larger cup size or a style with a fuller cup.
- If your bra’s center panel is not resting on your sternum, this means that your cup is too small. If the underwires are pointing away from your body, this too is a sign that your cup size is too small.
- Your bra band should anchor below the shoulder blades and fit snugly. The lower on your back the band sits, the better the support.
- Your straps should not create indentations in your shoulders or constantly slip off.
- Underwires shouldn’t poke, protrude or pinch. The wire should encircle the entire breast and sit under your armpit.
These tips alone do not tell you your bra size – make sure to schedule your bra fit appointment at The Bra Spa.